It is a cold, cloudy, rainy day in PA today
And you know what is good on days when it is not sunny….
A warm brandy hot toddy with local raw honey!!
1 oz. of brandy (or whiskey)
1 teaspoon of local raw honey
1 cup of hot water
1 tea bag (I used green tea))
1 slice of lemon (about 1/4 lemon)
Pour brandy and honey into glass
Heat up water and pour into glass
Add the tea bag and lemon
Curl up with a blanket and good book and relax!
Benefits of Local Raw Honey
- Local honey, obtained as close as possible to where you live, is said to build an immunity to some seasonal allergies.
- Honey is rich in antioxidants and cancer-fighting phytonutrients, which is found in propolis, or “honey glue”, that bees use to sterilize the beehive.
- In its natural, raw state, honey contains many enzymes that may aid in digestion and also help treat ulcers and diarrhea.
- Honey contains many vitamins and minerals.
- Honey has anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and antiseptic properties and can be used as topical medicine.
- Honey is helpful in treating upper respiratory infections and coughs and is said to strengthen the immune system.
- It can stabilize blood pressure and balance blood sugar.
- Honey is sweeter than sugar and therefor you do not need a lot of it to ass a little sweetness to your favorite food or drink!
One of my favorite ways to eat honey is on a bagel or bread! So good!
I also wanted to point out that in my photos above, I am wearing a pair of earnings from Noonday Collection. Noonday is a company that uses fashion and design to create opportunities for those living in poor areas of the world.
Jenna, from Eat Live Run, one of my favorite blogs, is an ambassador for this amazing company and they have the neatest jewelry, amongst other items. I definitely recommend checking out the collection, reading the inspiring stories, and hey, maybe start your Christmas shopping! It’s not to early, right….?
Do you shop at places that support a cause?
How do you like to enjoy a nice spoonful of honey??